We are reaching out today to keep you updated on the current situation at the Neighborhoods. As you know, last week we had a resident test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). We have determined that this resident had no direct contact with any other residents in the Neighborhoods. At this time we have no other suspected or confirmed cases with residents or staff. We can assure you that your loved one is healthy and doing well. We continue to prioritize the safety and well-being of our residents and employees, and are actively preventing the spread of this illness.
- We are working with Minnesota Department of Health to respond to the situation. We are following their guidance in preventing further spread of this infection.
- Our staff have moved from wearing cloth masks to medical grade masks. When they leave work at the end of their shift, we are asking staff to wear cloth masks for their essential outings in the community to further protect themselves from bringing in anything further to the residents.
- We continue to follow CDC infection control protocols.
- We continue to screen our employees at the beginning and end of their shift for respiratory symptoms including fever and cough.
- We encourage you to visit trusted sites like www.cdc.gov to find information and resources about coronavirus.
If you have questions or would like updates, please call (320) 487-4528 during regular business hours.
The staff at Fairway View Neighborhoods are everyday heroes. They are dedicated to their jobs and they are doing many things above and beyond to keep your loved one healthy and engaged. We are very proud of the work they are doing and will continue to do in the future.
Thank you for your continued trust in caring for your loved one.
Stay safe and healthy,
Cindy Jorgenson, Director of Senior Services
Kirsten Karels, Licensed Social Worker